Friday, July 27, 2007

Looking at clouds



I haven't been up to too much. Surprised?My parents went out of town for the weekend to camp with neighbors. Aaron and I decided the weather would probably be crappy over there, and we didn't feel like being away for three days just to sit around and play cards and eat peanuts, so we stayed home. B called me on Saturday and we talked for awhile. I know it makes him really happy to hear my voice, it means a lot to him. Just can't afford to do it that often. That night I started to clean out the attic since it's always such a mess. My parents just throw shit in there and then we can never find anything. So I started to put Holiday decorations in one section, furniture in another, empty boxes in one, etc. Sunday morning I finished cleaning it out, and it looks good now. On Sunday Aaron decided to switch his furniture in his room around, so he did that. He's been trying to clean his room for three weeks or so now, and still has not been able to do it. He threw some stuff in the attic today that didn't fall in the designated spaces I made, so that irritated me :P and I had to place his crap where it "belongs." I also started decorating these old tins my mom has. I figured I could make them into candle holders. Lately I just get all worked up and I'm super hyper and I need "projects" to work on, so I decorate things or work on my scarf. I still need to tackle my hundreds of poems/songs and put them into a notebook, but it'll take forever because I have to sort them out by year and make sure all of the copies are together and check for changes I've made on them.Today in the Pacific Northwest magazine there was an article about a local author who wrote a book about Kurt Cobain, so I read that. I still find Kurt Cobain to be one of the most fascinating people I have ever heard of, and I find his life to be mysterious, chilling and sad. I don't know why I feel so close to his story, but I do. There's a part of me that keeps thinking he has to be alive, hidden away somewhere, and someday he'll resurface and then people will be able to say "wow, your life was really something."Tomorrow I'm back on the job hunt. I turned an application into Yankee Candle on Friday. The job is supposedly nights and Saturday night. Hopefully they'll give me a call since I have seasonal experience, but I still need to keep looking, anyway, since I've been unsuccessful so far. B has an interview, himself, tomorrow. The CC sent me a letter saying I owe another freakin' $30 in lab fees.. It's amazing that all of these money changes keep popping up. I thought I was in CC, not University. It's supposed to be cheap!

No comments: