Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sunny days.. why won't the unemployment just go away



The last few days the weather has been decent. I went out and laid in the sun one day. I wish it would just turn to Fall, though, instead of this lame Summer weather. It's just cloudy, then it's sunny and hot, then rainy. I'd rather just have a cool Autumn with rain and leaves and have that nice smell in the air.Over the weekend my brother talked to my cousin Valarie. She was saying things like she wishes she had gone to school, so she's going to try to get into school, and she's on sick leave from work, and her roommate is also pregnant so she hopes their two kids can be best friends, and her mother-in-law doesn't support her, and her husband wants her to move back to PA with him. It just makes me mad that she was engaged and screwed it all up by not going on birth control, so she got pregnant out of wedlock and then ends up eloping with the guy and now all of a sudden she wants to have the kid and dump it off at the babysitters so she can go to school. It's very irresponsible. My aunt (her stop-mom) is very angry about being a "grandmother", so to rub it in we're going to mail her a license plate for Christmas that says "Happiness is being a grandma."My grandma called this morning and left a message stating that my aunt is coming into town for the weekend, and my other aunt is going to drive up from the South end, so she wanted to know if we wanted to get together with all of them. I'm like uh.. I dunno. My parents are going to be out of town, so that leaves me to decide if I'm going to be nice and represent our branch.My great aunt sent a letter with some pictures of our family from Christmas '93. In the card she mentioned that she and my great uncle are going off to Spain, England, Canada, etc. soon. I told my mom they're probably taking the money from the logged family property (that is supposed to go towards the care for my great grandma) and using it for their own amusement.I went and filled out a job application but never got a call back. I filled out an online application for another place and went in for an interview today, but the place of business isn't going to open up until the end of September and they can't guarentee any jobs, so I'm just going to continue my search and hope someone will fucking hire me before I turn 30. Lisa went down to try and get student housing for school, but it didn't work out so she's going to be attending community college with me for at least a semester. I'm going to try and type up all of my poems/songs and their alternate versions so I can put them in notebooks and keep track of them. Whenever I go through and read things I've written it's amazing to me.. I've written some really ugly and passionate stuff.I found some furniture that I want in a K-Mart ad.. so today I transferred some money so I can go buy it. I figure if I can stock things up now it'll be an easier transition when I actually do go to move later on.*Pay more. Expect less. State Farm.*

No comments: